Oviedo Map
Contact
Random
Our Travel Books
Advertising / Press

Our Arrival in Oviedo »

Hello World!

A quick introduction to us and what this blog is all about. Jürgen is a German-born photographer. And I’m Mike, from the USA, working as a freelance IT professional.

We met in Boston in 2001 and have spent the last few years living in Valencia, Spain. The two of us love traveling, and since we’re both lucky enough to have jobs that don’t require a permanent residence, we’ve decided to take full advantage of the freedom.

Over the next few years, or until we decide to settle down, we’re going to see the world. But rather than be eternal “tourists”, we want to comprehensively learn about the places we visit. Becoming familiar with a city’s rhythm and culture takes some time. We thought 3 months ought to do it. About 91 days.

At this blog, you’ll find Jürgen’s photography of the cities and countries we visit, while I’ll do the majority of the writing. Stick with us as we explore and document the world, 3 months at a time, and let us know if you have insider tips for the cities we’re in, or suggestions on where to go next.

Our first move gets underway in August, 2010… when we pack up our belongings and move to Oviedo, in beautiful Asturias, Spain. For 91 days.

Other Posts You Might Like from Oviedo ...and Palermo
Fireworks for San MateoParque del CampillinThe Fountain of the FoncaladaQanat - A Nighttime Tour of Palermo's Ancient Canals
June 11, 2010 at 8:15 am
14 comments »
  • June 22, 2010 at 2:38 pmDelfín

This sounds like a really good platform! In this period of time, you can get to know a city very well! My family and I love Spain, and love travel in general, and so we look forward to reading your future posts and seeing your photos. Oviedo, for example, is a city that isn´t written about very much (in English, that is)and knowing how much outstanding info we got from your Valencia blog, we bet that Oviedo pix and posts will be just as cool.

• July 20, 2010 at 9:15 amVaRyAmO

Such a great idea! I’m so jealous! I should do that too haha. Have fun! :)

• July 20, 2010 at 12:04 pmKeith Stanley

Good luck and have fun!

• July 20, 2010 at 5:11 pmDenise

Have a great time. Oviedo is meant to be beautiful. Will miss your updates from valencia though.Really useful for when i go out to stay but i suppose variety is the spice of life.Will follow your new blog!!

• July 27, 2010 at 5:01 pmkenpeace

Having spent the last few days in Oviedo, I am jealous. There is a lot to see and do here in Asturias and in a short holiday I just didn’t have time.

91 days would be perfect.

• July 28, 2010 at 8:12 pmhaveyouever

I was following you during the last 2 years more or less, living in Valencia and now in Italy…
    Good luck guys! You’re doing a great job!!!

• July 30, 2010 at 10:39 pmAnne Taylor

Wow! I’m so excited for you guys! What an awesome journey:) Loved the Valencia info! Can’t wait to see Oviedo pics and tips! I too am wicked jealous!

• August 1, 2010 at 3:23 pmmaria

I’ve “followed” your stay in Valencia, admire your openess and curiosity. I will keep following you in your new venture. Good luck

• August 8, 2010 at 6:26 amJuergen

Thank you all for the nice comments and encouragements. We are now a week in Oviedo and our list of things we want to do is already so long that we think 91 Days are not enough.

Again, Thank you for ready and if you have any tips feel free to get in touch with us.

• August 27, 2010 at 8:18 amBLOGitse

wow, guys what a great idea!
    We just visited Bilbao…oooh, how great it was to be in Europe again! :)
    Your photos are amazing…
    I’m your new fan -> follower :)

• August 27, 2010 at 2:54 pmJuergen

we have never been to Bilbao but it’s on our list :) I think Spain is such a diverse country full of contrasts. You can never get bored here.

• September 13, 2010 at 9:04 pmPaige

this is such a wonderful blog!! i am moving to oviedo for 7 months so all of this information is indispensable to me. i lived in alicante so i am in a similar position as you two! i sat here for 2 hours and read the whole blog, boy, did it make me excited!! one suggestion—go to the picos!!! i hiked there for a week and it was UNBELIEVABLE. have fun and keep writing!!

• September 14, 2010 at 10:35 amMike

Thanks for the nice words, Paige! I’m sure you’re going to love Oviedo and Asturias… 7 months should be enough to see everything! Los Picos de Europa are definitely on our list of things we have to get to…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks
Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment!